How should I clean and care for my TheraSpecs?
Cleaning your TheraSpecs
The best way to clean your TheraSpecs is to:
- Rinse them under running water (this removes any dust from the lenses to help avoid scratches)
- Wash them with warm, soapy water—mild dish soap is an excellent option, as it helps remove oils from the lenses
- Dry them with a clean microfiber cloth
If you'd rather use an eyeglass cleaner, we recommend a spray instead of pre-moistened wipes. The wipes have a high alcohol content, which can damage the tint.
Avoid using an ultrasonic cleaner, as this can damage the coatings on the lenses.
Caring for your TheraSpecs
Here are a few more tips to take good care of your TheraSpecs:
- Always store them in their case.
- Clean them regularly to avoid build up of oils or dust.
- Only use a microfiber cloth to clean or dry your lenses. Other materials, like T-shirts or tissues can scratch the lenses.
- Avoid using pre-moistened lens wipes or ultrasonic cleaners, both of which can damage the lenses.
- Avoid leaving your TheraSpecs in extreme temperatures (like a hot car).